Join a team that's tackling the hardest problems in the world's most impactful new technology - quantum computing. Q-CTRL builds software to enable customers to deploy the most effective quantum controls to suppress errors in their quantum hardware - combining modern product design and engineering with state-of-the-art quantum control techniques.
|Posted||1 Jul 19|
Are you tired of being a cog in a machine or dialing for dollars? Dream of joining the next billion-dollar tech startup to help create and build the in-house talent function? Then this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for. Right time, right place, right company, right technology, right funding. It doesn’t get any better. Q-CTRL is a power-funded Australian startup with some of the smartest people on the planet who are tackling the hardest problems in the world’s most impactful new technology - quantum.
The team is currently just over 20, founded by Prof. Michael Biercuk out of the University of Sydney. Michael leads a powerhouse team of PhD’s and startup-savvy technologists. Funded by some of the world’s leading venture capital firms - including Data Collective, Main Sequence Ventures, Sequoia Capital and Horizons Ventures - Q-CTRL have already secured clients such as IBM, Accenture and MIT (just to name a few).
We are now looking for our first in-house Talent Acquisition Lead to come in and help us grow the team. We expect somewhere around 25 hires over the next year. Currently the business has been reliant upon external vendors and we are now seeking to in-house this capability and build a world class employer brand.
Key requirements of the role
- Drive talent acquisition across existing and future needs of the business
- Establish and build a TA function across the company
- Work with the executive team to develop an employer brand to drive inbound applications
- Build on existing systems to drive great candidate and HM experience
- Manage recruiting measurement and tools across the organization
- Proactively assess team and employee development needs, make recommendations and implement appropriate solutions
We are looking for
- An energetic self starter
- Technical/engineering focused recruitment experience
- In-house or agency recruitment experience
- Excellent written and communication skills
- A passion for startups and working with high impact technology
- A team player
- An autonomous environment in which to support your drive and vision for the TA function
- An amazing team and investors that enable you to attract top-tier talent
- A culture that is values-based and recognizes and rewards your efforts
- A unique opportunity in which to build your own personal brand and team over time
- A strong market base salary, equity and transparency of a results/impact driven culture
If this sort of opportunity resonates with you, then we would love to hear from you.
Why Join Q-CTRL?
We're a young company working in one of the most exciting and impactful areas of modern technology. Our team is composed of leaders in quantum science and product development and we're backed by some of the world's leading technology investors. Q-CTRL is headquartered in WeWork Sydney, and if you work from our offices you'll enjoy the vast amenities and events that are part of this amazing location. We also offer:
- Competitive salary and equity options
- Brand new setup that you get to choose
- Flexible work hours
- Training budget to ensure you're up to date on the latest developments
- This role is open to local candidates only
- If you're applying for this role locally, you must have the right to work in Sydney, Australia
- No "Outsourcing", "Offshoring", "Nearshoring", "Farshoring" or any other shoring - this is for individual candidates applying for a specific role - if you want to get in touch to let us know about your services please contact us