Join a team that's tackling new and interesting problems using the latest technologies. Q-CTRL builds software to enable customers to deploy the most effective "quantum controls" to suppress errors in their quantum hardware - combining modern engineering with state-of-the-art quantum control techniques.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior Back-end Engineer, you’ll be responsible for all Q-CTRL APIs. It’s a great opportunity to make a real impact and define our Back-end Engineering best-practices including development, testing, continuous integration, performance, reliability, security and documentation. You’ll work closely with the Quantum Control Engineering, Front-end Engineering and Design teams to advocate a culture and practice of quality and continuous improvement.
About the Role
- Develop, test and maintain the Q-CTRL API
- Consult with the broader team on decisions for new products and features
- Contribute at a high level in technical conversations and decision-making
- Define back-end engineering best-practices
- Advocate a culture and practice of quality and continuous improvement
- Experience with Python/Django
- Experienced working with and building reliable, fast and scalable APIs
- Able to work in an Agile manner, iterating through features and applying test-driven development techniques
- Practical MySQL experience
- Experienced with Git
- Experienced in using various frameworks for automated testing
- Excellent English communication skills
- Embody the three great virtues of a programmer
Why join Q-CTRL?
We’re a young company based in the Sydney Nanoscience Hub. If you work from our offices you’ll enjoy the convenience of being walking distance to Broadway and Newtown, or you can work remotely. We also offer:
- Competitive salary and equity options
- Brand new setup that you get to choose
- Flexible work hours
- Training budget to ensure you’re up to date on the latest developments
How to apply
Complete the form below and, in the Additional Information section:
- Provide a link to a piece of code or a project you’re proud of
- Describe why you’re proud of this piece of code or project
- If you’re applying for this role locally, you must have the right to work in Australia
- If you’re applying for this role remotely, you must be prepared to work reasonably close to normal working hours in AEST/AEDT timezones
- If you don’t address the questions under the heading How to Apply, we won’t get back to you
- No “Outsourcing”, “Offshoring”, “Nearshoring”, “Farshoring” or any shoring - this is for individual candidates applying for a specific role - if you want to get in touch to let us know about your services please use our contact form
Apply for this Role
Applications for this role are now closed.