Join a team that's tackling the hardest problems in the world's most impactful new technology - quantum computing. Q-CTRL builds software to enable customers to deploy the most effective quantum controls to suppress errors in their quantum hardware - combining modern product design and engineering with state-of-the-art quantum control techniques.
|Location||Sydney, NSW, Australia|
|Posted||26 Jul 19|
- Be an active contributor in the Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective meetings
- In Sprint Planning meetings, work with your colleagues across all teams to fully understand the requirements for new product features as defined by the Product Owner - and expressed as scenarios using Gherkin Syntax (Given, When, Then) - in order to confirm viability and provide accurate estimations
- Architect, develop, test and document Q-CTRL’s front-end web applications as part of delivering the above product features
- Review code submitted by your team via pull requests
- Address comments made by your team on your pull requests
- Stay up-to-date with current best-practices in your field and share this knowledge freely
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience.
- RESTful Web services
- You embody Q-CTRL’s core values and you demonstrate them in your words and actions both internally and externally - you’re real, trusted, just and revered.
- You understand that communication is the biggest responsibility of your role and the one you’re least likely to get right unless you focus on it.
- You care about how your attitude affects those around you. Everything you do runs through this filter.
- You are humble enough to bend to the will of the frameworks, technologies, constraints, and people you work with when doing so won’t have a materially negative impact. In other words, you can play by someone else’s rules when that’s the best thing to do.
- You make pragmatic (often boring) technology choices at work and you play in your free time.
- You love to teach and learn from your co-workers.
- You don’t mind being the one that looks bad. You make mistakes sometimes. You choose to fix them and learn from them.
- You are confident with a number of programming languages, operating systems, and architectures. You probably have one of each you prefer right now, but you’re neither dogmatic nor myopic in your focus on them.
- You display The Three Virtues of a GREAT Programmer
Why Join Q-CTRL?
We're a young company working in one of the most exciting and impactful areas of modern technology. Our team is composed of leaders in quantum science and product development and we're backed by some of the world's leading technology investors. Q-CTRL is headquartered in WeWork Sydney, and if you work from our offices you'll enjoy the vast amenities and events that are part of this amazing location. We also offer:
- Competitive salary and potential for equity options
- Brand new setup that you get to choose
- Flexible work hours
- Training budget to ensure you're up to date on the latest developments
How to Apply
Complete the form below and, in the Additional Information section:
- Provide a link to a piece of code or a project you're proud of
- Describe why you're proud of this piece of code or project
- This role is open to local candidates only
- If you're applying for this role locally, you must have the right to work in Sydney, NSW, Australia
- If you don't address the questions under the heading How to Apply, we won't get back to you
- No "Outsourcing", "Offshoring", "Nearshoring", "Farshoring" or any other shoring - this is for individual candidates applying for a specific role - if you want to get in touch to let us know about your services please contact us