Join a team that's tackling the hardest problems in the world's most impactful new technology - quantum computing. Q-CTRL builds software to enable customers to deploy the most effective quantum controls to suppress errors in their quantum hardware - combining modern product design and engineering with state-of-the-art quantum control techniques.
|Posted||14 Feb 19|
What Will You Be Doing?
As the Lead DevOps Engineer, you’ll be responsible for establishing Q-CTRL’s DevOps practice from the ground up. It’s a great opportunity to make a real impact and define our DevOps best-practices relating to performance, availability, reliability, scalability and security. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, you’ll work closely with the Quantum Control Engineering, Back-end Engineering, Front-end Engineering, Product and Design teams to advocate a culture and practice of quality, efficiency, automation and continuous improvement.
About the Role
- Establish Q-CTRL’s DevOps practice
- Define, implement and advocate DevOps best-practices
- Define Q-CTRL’s systems and cloud architecture
- Ensure Q-CTRL systems are highly performant (fast, not slow)
- Ensure Q-CTRL systems are highly available and highly reliable (always up, never down)
- Ensure Q-CTRL systems are highly scalable (can get as big as we need, as we need it)
- Ensure Q-CTRL systems are highly secure (no intruders)
- Automate as much as possible and always look for opportunities to automate more
- Contribute at a high level in technical conversations and decision-making
- Consult with the broader team on decisions for new products and features
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with containerization
- Experience writing and maintaining Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with microservices-based application architectures
- Experience with all forms of automated testing, including unit, integration, end-to-end, penetration, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools
- Experience with release management
- Experience implementing and executing Disaster Recovery Plans
- Experience implementing cloud maturity models such as the CAIQ (Consensus Assessments Initiative Questionnaire) and the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Experienced with Git
- Excellent English communication skills
Why Join Q-CTRL?
We're a young company working in one of the most exciting and impactful areas of modern technology. Our team is composed of leaders in quantum science and product development and we're backed by some of the world's leading technology investors. Q-CTRL is based in the Sydney Nanoscience Hub, and if you work from our offices you'll enjoy the convenience of being walking distance to Broadway and Newtown. We also offer:
- Competitive salary and equity options
- Brand new setup that you get to choose
- Flexible work hours
- Training budget to ensure you're up to date on the latest developments
How to Apply
Complete the form below and, in the Additional Information section:
- Tell us how you'd approach continuously improving Q-CTRL's performance, availability, reliability, scalability and security
- This role is open to local candidates only
- If you're applying for this role locally, you must have the right to work in Sydney, Australia
- If you don't address the questions under the heading How to Apply, we won't get back to you
- No "Outsourcing", "Offshoring", "Nearshoring", "Farshoring" or any shoring - this is for individual candidates applying for a specific role - if you want to get in touch to let us know about your services please use our contact form